January’s Sweet Treat: Caramel Apple Spice
I love Starbucks’ Caramel Apple Spice. It is a great tasting hot apple cider with a blend of cinnamon spice. It is topped off with whip cream drizzled with caramel. Let me just say, if I had no self-control I would be going through the Starbucks drive thru every day to get this drink. Since that could potentially send me into bankruptcy, I needed to find the recipe for this amazing drink and make it at home. Here is what I found.
- 1 1/2 cups of apple juice or cider
- 2 tablespoons of Starbucks cinnamon dolce syrup
- Whip cream
- Caramel sauce
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup to a cup
- Steam apple juice or cider to 140 degrees. Another option is to boil the apple juice or simply put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Top your drink off with whip cream
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the whip cream