Our Holiday Traditions
1) I like to mediate on who Jesus is. I do this individually by reading the Word and solid Biblical books. I do this with my family. After dinner, we are reading this (free!) advent e-book by John Piper. We are also doing an advent Christmas tree where we add an ornament every day that reminds us of the birth of Christ and his life. I also meditate on Jesus with my church. I do this by listening to good sermons, by spending time in worship and prayer, and by not neglecting to meet together. As we gaze on His beauty our hearts are amazed.
2) I like to send out a family Christmas card. Here is our card for 2013. I wish I could send one to everyone I’ve ever met and everyone who reads this little blog, but since I can’t let’s just pretend this is in your mailbox! 3) I keep a family photo from each year, and put it in the same pre-made Christmas themed scrapbook. It is so fun to watch everyone change. Our first year we had a wedding picture and the next year I had a prego belly. After that we added a new baby every year. You can learn how to make your own Christmas card scrapbook here.
5) I love to put together a Christmas Eve Box for my kiddos. It includes: jammies, hot chocolate, popcorn, and a fun family movie.
6) I also like to pick out one new ornament that symbolizes our year.
7) I like to go to a Christmas cookie exchange that my friend Kelly hosts. This year I barely made it because it was four days before Eleanor was born! 8) I like to go to festive places like Fantasy of Trees. These are just a few of our Christmas traditions. What are some things you love to do during the holidays? Any favorite traditions?