Family Pictures and Favorite Traditions
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is sending out Christmas cards to our friends and family. This year Mitzi Bodie take our family pictures and I think I’ll treasure these for years. If you are still looking into getting your family picture here is a fun post on how to get a great family picture.
Some of my favorite ways to celebrate this season are:
1) I like to mediate on who Jesus is. This year I’m reading Ann Voskamp’s book The Greatest Gift for advent. I’m loving it so far. We are also doing an advent Christmas tree where we add an ornament every day that reminds us of the birth of Christ, the prophecies that He fulfilled and the perfect life he lived.
2) I like to send out a family Christmas card.I seriously wish I could send one to everyone I’ve ever met and everyone who reads this little blog, but since I can’t let’s just pretend all these family pictures are in your mailbox!
3) I keep a family photo from each year, and put it in the same pre-made Christmas themed scrapbook. It is so fun to watch everyone change. Our first year we had a wedding picture and the next year I had a prego belly. After that we added a new baby every year. You can learn how to make your own Christmas card scrapbook here.
5) I love to put together a Christmas Eve Box for my kiddos. It includes: jammies, hot chocolate, popcorn, and a fun family movie.
6) I also like to pick out one new ornament that symbolizes our year.
7) I like to go to a Christmas cookie exchange or a Christmas party. Between work, school, church, and friends we have a lot of opportunities to celebrate.
8) I like to go to festive places like Fantasy of Trees. These are just a few of our Christmas traditions. What are some things you love to do during the holidays? Any favorite traditions?